TeknoProgetti’s Technology Division is the distinctly operational part of the company.
It deals with diagnostic investigations, monitoring and nondestructive testing (CND or NDT) on site, both as an independent consulting service to companies, professionals, public administrations, insurance adjusters, and as support to the Design Division.
It works in the area of both new construction and rehabilitation and conservative rehabilitation of the existing building stock. He has developed high skills in numerous static tests as well as in performing technological tests and experimental investigations performed on materials and/or structures, in the laboratory or in situ.
The strength of the Technology Division is the ability to customize surveys. The Client, if desired, is followed up from the preliminary design phase of the survey campaign so as to identify the most appropriate survey techniques based on the operational scenario and the purpose of the inspections.
The tools and equipment used are our own, and the high level of professionalism of the staff of the technology division, certified according to UNI EN ISO 9712 procedure, guarantees the client a clear and comprehensive result. Each test is accompanied by an interpretative technical report of the results obtained. Laboratory tests are carried out through close cooperation with ministry-recognized materials testing centers. In this case, the technology division can handle all investigations and coordinate all necessary tests.
The following methodologies are part of the nondestructive testing and diagnostic service:
- Structural coring ( masonry, floors, etc.) and performing compression tests;
- Determination of carbonation depth on concretes;
- Plate load tests for determining the performance of soils, subgrades, industrial pavements, roads, embankments, etc;
- Vibrational testing of mecccanical admittance, for the inspection of foundation piles and bulkheads;
- Thermographic surveys;
- Thermoflowmeter surveys for determination of thermal transmittance of elements;
- Extraction tests with expansion (Pull-Out and Pull-Off tests), for checking anchors in concrete;
- Pachometric tests, for determination of reinforcement within a reinforced concrete structure;
- Sonic and ultrasonic microseismic testing, for determination of mechanical properties of concrete and masonry;
- Sclerometric tests, for determination of concrete strength;
- sampling of steel bars and subsequent laboratory analysis, for characterization of reinforcement in existing structures;
- Endoscopic investigations of hollow artifacts (light towers, flues, exhaust pipes, etc.);
- Chemical analysis to ascertain the presence of chlorides in concrete;
- Difractometric analysis of concrete subjected to fire;
- Load tests, performed with hydraulic pistons, to determine the load capacities of structural elements;
- endoscopic testing, for visual verification of the stratigraphies that make up different structures (floors, masonry, etc.);
- Single and double flat jack tests on existing masonry structures;
- Chemical-physical-petrographic analysis of mortar;
- Biological investigations of structural wood;
- Resistograf penetrometer tests on wooden elements;
- Magnetoscopic (MT), ultrasonic (UT) visual (VT) and liquid penetrant (PT) examinations of steel for defect detection;
- Georadar (GPR) surveys for subsurface investigation, geotechnical investigation, stratigraphic investigation;
- Topographic surveys with total station and GNS system and integrated GPS;
- Dynamic testing of structures with geophones and accelerometers ;
- Verification of damage and disturbance caused by vibration on buildings and in workplaces;
- Monitoring of crack frames performed with periodic or continuous remote readings;
- Geotechnical tests, to determine the mechanical characteristics of soils;
- surveys in acoustics;
- Structural verifications with calculation reports and certificates of static suitability.
Other destructive and non-destructive tests are also carried out on many other materials: concrete mixes, steel, bricks, road pavements, asphalt, rocks, wood, etc.
Evidence is customizable according to specific needs.
Other peculiar activities carried out by the division include:
acceptance checks in accordance with the requirements of NTC 2008 Chapter 11, Section 2.5 to support the construction manager;
Quality control of concrete in place to support construction management, and more.